USE THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT TESTIMONY ON THIS BILL, TESTIMONY MUST BE SENT BY;
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 26th @ 10 AM
|Measure Title:||RELATING TO FIREARMS AMMUNITION.|
|Report Title:||Ammunition; Purchase; License to Sell|
|Description:||Requires the licensing of sellers of ammunition, and for the identification and proper permitting of purchasers or possessors of ammunition. Regulates ammunition in the same manner that firearms are regulated.|
|Current Referral:||PSM, JDC|
|Introducer(s):||K. RHOADS, BAKER, NISHIHARA, Keith-Agaran|
HIFICO’s position: OPPOSE
- This law does NOTHING but inconvenience firearms owners.
- Criminals will steal ammo, along with friearms.
- Criminals don’t go to gun stores.
- Has no effect on criminal use of firearms.
- This would be impossible to enforce.
- Criminals can still obtain a hunters education card.
- Criminals may possess an affidavit for a firearms training class.
- Persons from out of state may not have any of the required documents.
- People may not have a government ID.