USE THE FORM BELOW TO SUBMIT TESTIMONY ON THIS BILL, TESTIMONY MUST BE SENT BY;
WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 26th @ 10 AM
|Measure Title:||RELATING TO FIREARMS.|
|Report Title:||Firearms; Large-Capacity Magazines; Prohibition|
|Description:||Prohibits the manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of ten rounds, regardless of the type of firearm with which the magazine is compatible. Makes an exception for possession and use by law enforcement agencies and officers.|
|Current Referral:||PSM, JDC|
|Introducer(s):||NISHIHARA, BAKER, S. CHANG, DELA CRUZ, KEITH-AGARAN, KIDANI, K. RHOADS, Ihara, K. Kahele, Moriwaki, Shimabukuro, Taniguchi, L. Thielen, Wakai|
HIFICO’s position: STRONGLY OPPOSE
- Violates the Second Amendment.
- Reduces the efficiency of the militia.
- Some firearms don’t have low capacity magazine options.
- Some magazines can not be modified.
- fixes a problem that does not exist.
- Grandfathering denies later generations the right to bear arms.
- No method to replace magazines that may break.
- current lawsuits may mute the law resulting in a financial loss for the state