|Measure Title:||RELATING TO ELECTRIC GUNS.|
|Report Title:||Electric Guns; Licenses; Regulation; Prohibition|
|Description:||Repeals the ban on electric guns. Establishes a regulatory structure for the sale and transfer of electric guns by licensed persons. Allows for the use of electric guns for self-defense, defense of another person, and protection of property. Restricts the use, storage, transfer, and disposal of electric guns. Requires training and education on electric guns. Prohibits certain individuals from possessing and using electric guns. Prohibits the use of electric guns in the commission of crimes.|
|Current Referral:||PSM, JDC|
|Introducer(s):||RUDERMAN, KEITH-AGARAN, Moriwaki, Riviere|
HIFICO OPPOSES THIS BILL BECAUSE :
- This bill would severely hamper he public ability to own and use a taser for self defense.
- The training required does not exist.
- Training would be costly.
- It prevents gifting of tasers to a loved one or friend.
- Registration system would be burdensome to stores.
- Bill prevents online purchases.
- No other state has these requirements.
- Cheaper and/or easier to purchase a firearm,
- Items are not serialized.
- Impossible to enforce.