PLEASE COMPLETE THE REGISTRATION FORM AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE
Everyone is invited to this rally who wants a safer Hawaii and to protect our right to keep and bear arms. We want people to line the front of the State Capitol and tell the legislators and Governor that we are tired of being victims of crime and to stop the infringements on our firearm rights.
Also attend the HIFICO Legislative Meeting and Rally Prep on Saturday January 25th 5:30pm at Oahu Veterans Center. We will go over the legislative bills concerning firearms and talk about the rally and work on sign making.
Want to volunteer? We need your help. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pass this PDF flyer to the stores, clubs, and ranges. HIFICO Rally 2020
Themes for the Rally:
- Be tough on crime
- Support the right to self-defense
- Block potential legislation proposals:
- Limiting rifle magazines to 10 rounds or less
- Ammunition background checks
- Removing the 1 year long gun permit – a permit is required for each purchase.
- Ban or restrictions on firearms manufacturing “Ghost Guns”
- Restrictions on electric guns and tasers
- Support good legislation:
- Issue concealed carry weapons permits
- Overturn the ban on electric guns and tasers without restrictions
- Reimbursement of criminal trial fees if found not guilty due to self-defense
- Stronger protections on use of force against forceful entry of a home or business.
Wear your HIFICO or 2a related shirt or casual attire. Some people wear shooting jerseys, hunting vest, etc. Wear things in good taste, remember we’re the good guys.
7:30am Sign-in at the front of the Capitol (Mauka side)
8:30am Rally begins along Beretania St.
10:30am Breakout session to meet legislators
12:00pm Lunch (provided)
12:45pm Continue meeting legislators/touring capitol
1pm Support police procession along Beretania St.
Lunch will be Subway sandwiches and Costco pizzas.
Most of the parking around the capitol area will fill up quickly so get there early. Remember to feed the parking meters or it’s a $25 ticket. There are other surface metetered stalls in the area like Iolani Palace and on the street, but it’s limited to 30 minutes to an hour.
State Capitol Underground Garage – Enter the driveway from Punchbowl St across from Queens Hospital. Opens at 6:30am. Quarters only. There is a change machine in the center of the parking lot.
Dept of Health – Surface lot with entrance on Punchbowl Street. Pay with a credit card at the machine.
Kalanimoku Underground Garage – driveway on Punchbowl Street. Coin meters I believe.
Vinyard Garage – I think it’s coin meters, not sure.
State Makai Garage – Opens at 7am, get a ticket and pay when you leave.
State Pohukaina Garage – Opens at 7am, get a ticket and pay when you leave.
Aloha Tower – Buy something from the stores and get validation.