On April 5th the Hawaii Legislators sent HB720 to the Governors office. The Governor has the opportunity to VETO the bill.
HB720 : Requires firearm owners to report lost, stolen, or destroyed firearms. (HB720 HD1)
Reasons to Oppose:
- Turns a crime victim into a potential criminal.
- Victims may have to hire an attorney, face an investigation, and go through a criminal trial to prove their innocence.
- Victims have the burden of proving when they discovered guns were stolen or lost.
Victims may be reluctant to report even if innocent, defeating the purpose of the law.\
- Firearms are like tools and equipment which break and are disposed of so reporting destroyed firearms is unnecessary.
- Law will be ignored by criminals
- Crime victims
- Law abiding gun owners
The Governor requires all comments on bills to be submitted via a page on the governors website. You can do so here.
Make sure to :
- Select House bill : HB.
- Select the bill number : 720.
- Select : OPPOSE.
- Write a meaningful message.
Thanks for doing your part, Dont forget to share this with other gun owners and second amendment supporters.
Your action today makes for a better tomorrow.