|Measure Title:||RELATING TO FIREARMS.|
|Report Title:||Honolulu Police Department Package; Firearms; Large-Capacity Magazines; Prohibition|
|Description:||Prohibits the manufacture, possession, sale, barter, trade, gift, transfer, or acquisition of detachable ammunition magazines with a capacity in excess of 10 rounds, regardless of the type of firearm with which the magazine is compatible. Makes an exception for possession and use by law enforcement agencies and officers.|
|Package:||Honolulu Police Department|
|Introducer(s):||SAIKI (Introduced by request of another party)|
HIFICO’s position: STRONGLY OPPOSE
- Violates the Second Ammendment.
- reduces the efficiency of the militia.
- Takes lawfully owned property from law-abiding gun owners.
- Criminalises law-abiding gun owners.
- Some firearms don’t have low capacity magazines options.
- Some magazines can not be modified.
- fixes a problem that does not exist.