|Measure Title:||RELATING TO FIREARMS.|
|Report Title:||Honolulu Police Department Package; Firearms; Permits to Acquire; Rifles; Shotguns|
|Description:||Requires a separate application and permit for the acquisition of each rifle or shotgun and shortens the duration of the permit’s validity from 1 year to 10 days.|
|Package:||Honolulu Police Department|
|Introducer(s):||SAIKI (Introduced by request of another party)|
HIFICO’s position: STRONGLY OPPOSE
- Makes the permit process for long guns more time-consuming.
- Multiple days at the police station for multiple firearms.
- Does nothing for public safety.
- Puts additional burdens on the county police departments.
- It is in conflict with HIFICO lawsuit seeking to make the permit process more streamlined.