HB1599 – LINK TO BILL PAGE
|Measure Title:||RELATING TO FIREARMS.|
|Report Title:||Permits to Obtain Rifles and Shotguns|
|Description:||Conforms the permitting process for rifles and shotguns to the process for pistols and revolvers.|
|Introducer(s):||TAKAYAMA (Introduced by request of another party)|
HIFICO’s position: STRONGLY OPPOSE
- Makes the permit process for long guns more time-consuming.
- Multiple days at the police station for multiple firearms.
- Does nothing for public safety.
- Puts additional burdens on the county police departments.
- It is in conflict with HIFICO lawsuit seeking to make the permit process more streamlined.